A challenging start of 2020
- Stable order intake with continued growth for After Sales and sequential improvements in Construction Equipment
- COVID-19 impacted Construction and Industrial Equipment business areas in terms of supply chain production output. After Sales and Rental impacted by restrictions for access to customer sites
- Strong financial position and maintained positive cash flow from operations
- Order intake decreased by 3% to MSEK 1,067 (1,101) with an organic decrease of 5%
- Revenue decreased by 21% to MSEK 916 (1,167) with an organic decrease of 23%
- EBITA adj. decreased to MSEK 79 (153), margin 8.7% (13.2)
- Result for the period decreased to MSEK 41 (98)
- Earnings per share, basic and diluted, amounted to SEK 0.76 (1.82)
- Cash flow from operations amounted to MSEK 12 (36)
- Leverage (Net Debt/EBITDA) at March 31, 2020 was 1.52 (1.33 as of December 31, 2019)
A telephone conference for investors, analysts and financial media will be held at 10.00 CEST on Friday April 24, 2020. CEO Tormod Gunleiksrud and CFO Tobias Lindquist will present and comment on the report.
The presentation, held in English, can also be followed via audiocast.
To participate by phone – please call:
Link to audiocast:
Link to the report
The interim report is attached to this press release and will also be available, together with presentation material and a link to the audiocast, at https://www.alimakgroup.com/English/investor-relations/
For further information, please contact:
Mathilda Eriksson, Investor Relations and Group Communications Manager, +46 8 402 14 41
Tobias Lindquist, CFO, Phone +46 (0)8 402 14 40
This information is information that Alimak Group AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.00 CEST on April 24, 2020.
About Alimak Group
Alimak Group is a world-leading provider of vertical access solutions for professional use. With a global reach spanning more than 100 countries, the Group offers vertical access solutions adding customer value through greater safety, productivity and resource efficiency. Alimak Group's products and service solutions are sold under the brands Alimak, CoxGomyl, Manntech, Avanti and Alimak Service. The Group has an installed base of around 70,000 elevators, hoists, platforms, service lifts and building maintenance units around the world. Founded in Sweden 1948, the Group has its headquarters in Stockholm, 11 production and assembly facilities in 8 countries and 2,300 employees around the world. www.alimakgroup.com